- You will not outlive your pension. Once you start receiving your pension, it will be paid for the rest of your life.
- Your pension is reliable. The monthly pension you receive in retirement will not fluctuate with the financial markets. In fact, you will be able to estimate how much you will receive before you retire. That’s because your pension is based on a formula that takes into account your earnings and years of service.
- The HOOPP Fund is managed by investment professionals. You and your employer make contributions to the Fund, which is managed by our in-house team of investment experts. Costs are kept low, which means more investment income goes toward paying pensions today and in the future.
- Your pension is secure. We are the largest private trust fund in Canada, operating on a not-for-profit basis and governed by a Board of Trustees that acts in your best interests. Benefits for every member are backed by assets in the HOOPP Fund.
- You get more for your money. With HOOPP, you may have access to additional benefits, such as:
- Survivor benefits to help care for your loved ones when you pass away
- Inflation protection to help your pension keep up with rising prices*
- Portability that allows you to build your pension at over 490 HOOPP employers
- A bridge benefit that is payable in addition to your monthly HOOPP pension if you retire early, between the ages of 55 and 65
You can count on HOOPP to deliver on the pension promise.
*Inflation protection is provided at HOOPP’s discretion. Learn more about inflation protection and other Plan features.